Our thoughts are with the people affected by the unprecedented disaster, and with the brave men and women at the fire front who are working tirelessly to keep our communities safe.
Vicinity will contribute an initial $250,000 to help those affected by the ongoing bushfire crisis, which will be distributed evenly between The Salvation Army and Foundation for Rural and Regional Renewal.
The package of assistance also includes:
- Offering community space at our 60+ centres, for organisations coordinating a response to the crisis
- Free digital advertising space across Vicinity’s screen network to continue to raise awareness of bushfire appeals
- Customers can donate cash in person at any of our centres across Australia, with all funds directed to:
– The Salvation Army
– Foundation for Rural and Regional Renewal
– Relevant state fire authorities
- Vicinity is working to establish mobile blood units to support the blood drive for bushfire victims, which we hope to make available at select centres in coming days
- Supporting our team members, who are volunteering in emergency services, with ongoing paid leave
- Extending volunteer leave for our people giving time to charities dedicated to the bushfire relief and recovery
- Vicinity will continue to match all donations made by employees to official bushfire-related charities
- Our centres across Australia are already available for emergency relief, if/when necessary.