Eastlands, TAS
Frequently Asked Questions
To assist you in better understanding our business, we have provided some answers to the most commonly asked questions.

Listed Property Trusts General Questions

To assist you in better understanding our business, we have provided below some answers to the most commonly asked questions we receive.

What is an A-REIT?

A-REIT stands for Australian Real Estate Investment Trust. Historically, they have been known as Listed Property Trusts (LPTs). An A-REIT is a property trust which invests in a portfolio of property assets and is listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Investors are able to buy securities in an A-REIT on the ASX, which provides them with a share of the ownership of the trust and entitlements to the returns of the trust. The major benefit of A-REITs is that they can provide access to assets that may be otherwise out of reach for individual investors, such as large-scale commercial properties. A-REITs are designed to generate wealth in two ways: they provide exposure to the value of the real estate assets that the trust owns and the accompanying capital growth, as well as rental income. A-REITs may appeal to investors looking to diversify their portfolio into property with potential to receive a regular and consistent income stream.

According to the ASX website, A-REITs that have stapled securities (like Vicinity Centres) provide investors with exposure to a funds management and/or a property development company, as well as a real estate portfolio. A share in a stapled securities fund usually consists of one trust unit and one share in a company. These securities are ‘stapled’ and cannot be traded separately. The trust holds the portfolio of assets, while the related company carries out the fund’s management functions and/or manages any development opportunities.

Being listed on the ASX, securities in A-REITs are traded each day and their price will rise and fall according to market conditions.

What are stapled securities?

Entities on the ASX that have stapled securities, are comprised of two or more entities, such that the units or shares of each entity are stapled together to create a single tradable security. Under stapling provisions, generally only stapled securities may be traded, not the separate units or shares that make up each stapled security.

Each Vicinity Centres stapled security is comprised of one Vicinity Centres Trust unit and one Vicinity Limited share.

What does listed mean?

A company is 'listed' when its securities are quoted (or listed) on the ASX. As the securities of Vicinity Centres are listed on the ASX and actively traded each day (under the trading code ‘VCX’, their value will rise and fall according to market conditions. This is different from other unit trusts (which are unlisted) where the investment manager calculates the unit price daily. Securities in listed entities can be bought or sold via an ASX participant broker.

What is the 'Record Date'?

The Record Date is the date on which the Group’s security register is closed off to identify the securityholders and to calculate any entitlement to the current distribution. All change of address notifications, request for payment of distributions direct to an Australian financial institution, TFN/ABN or exemption notification instructions election forms must be incorporated onto the security register by 5.00pm on the Record Date to apply for the current distribution and dividend.

Key Dates can be viewed on the Investors page

Vicinity Centres General Questions

What brokers report on Vicinity Centres?

The following brokers have coverage of Vicinity Centres. To obtain the latest broker contact details, email us at:

Email: investor.relations@vicinity.com.au

  • Barrenjoey

  • Citi

  • CLSA

  • Credit Suisse

  • Evans & Partners

  • Goldman Sachs

  • Jarden

  • Jefferies

  • JP Morgan

  • Macquarie

  • Morgan Stanley

  • UBS

How do I obtain a Product Disclosure Statement for Vicinity Centres?

As Vicinity Centres is listed on the ASX, you do not require a Product Disclosure Statement or an application form to invest. You can simply buy or sell securities in Vicinity Centres by contacting an ASX participant broker.

How do I buy or sell securities?

As Vicinity Centres is listed on the ASX, you can buy or sell securities in Vicinity Centres directly via the ASX by contacting your ASX participant broker. If you don't have a stockbroker, the ASX provides useful hints at asx.com.au for selecting an appropriate stockbroker, as well as providing a list of participating stockbrokers on the ASX.

Is a Reinvestment Plan (DRP) available?

No. Currently, Vicinity Centres does not offer a Distribution Reinvestment Plan for securityholders.

When is the next distribution payment due?

For details of Vicinity Centres distribution payment dates and mailings, please refer to the Key Dates on the Investors page.

How do I calculate information for my tax return?

Securityholders will be sent an Annual Tax Statement in September each year. This statement will provide securityholders with the information they require to complete their tax return. If you would like another copy of a previous tax statement, please refer to the Tax Informaton page.

How do I change my registration details, e.g. address, bank account details etc.?

Our Security Registry, Link Market Services has a number of options available to make changes to personal information relating to your securityholding.

Online: Click through to access the Securityholder login website to amend details online or download the appropriate form where necessary. You can also view and update your holding information through the Security Registry's website at linkmarketservices.com.au

Phone: Contact the Security Registry to request an instruction form, 8:30am to 5:30pm business days, by phone:

Phone: +61 1300 887 890

Post: Forward a signed written instruction (include relevant form where necessary) to:

Vicinity Centres
C/- Link Market Services Limited
Locked Bag A14
Sydney South NSW 1235
Email: vicinity@linkmarketservices.com.au
Online: linkmarketservices.com.au

How do I give notification of my tax file number (TFN)?

Please contact our Security Registry, Link Market Services by phone or put your request in writing. Alternatively, you can update this information online by logging into the Securityholder login website.

How do I access my current securityholding?

You can access details of your current securityholding by logging into the Securityholder login website. 

How can I find historical security prices?

You can access the latest security price (and a range of options on historical pricing) at the Security Price page, noting there is a 20 minute delay.

What is the value of my investment?

As the securities of Vicinity Centres are listed on the ASX, their value can change throughout the day. To calculate the value of your investment, simply multiply the number of securities you hold by the current security price. You can access the latest security price (and a range of options on historical pricing) at the Security Price page, noting there is a 20 minute delay.

You can access your number of securities held by logging into the Securityholder login website.

How do I contact the Security Registry?

You can contact Link Market Services by email, phone, facsimile, online or post:

Email: vicinity@linkmarketservices.com.au

Phne: +61 1300 887 89

Facsimile: +61 2 9287 0303 (+61 2 9287 0309 for proxy voting)

Online: linkmarketservices.com.au

Post: Vicinity Centres C/- Link Market Services Limited, Locked Bag A14, Sydney South NSW 1235 Australia

How do I make a complaint?

We are committed to delivering a high level of service to all securityholders. Should there be some way you feel that we can improve our service, we would like to know. Whether you are making a suggestion or a complaint, your feedback is always appreciated.

Email: investor.relations@vicinity.com.au

We have a complaints handling policy and procedure and are committed to resolving complaints equitably and efficiently. If you have a complaint you can submit them via email, phone or post:

Email: complaints@vicinity.com.au

Phone: +61 2 8229 7755

Post: Complaints Officer, Vicinity Centres, Level 4, Queen Victoria Building, 455 George Street, Sydney NSW 2000

The Responsible Entity is also a member (member no. 28912) of the Australian Financial Complaints Authority (AFCA), an external dispute resolution scheme to handle complaints from consumers in the financial system. If you are not satisfied with the resolution of your complaint by the Responsible Entity, you can submit them via email, phone, online or post:

Email: info@afca.org.au

Phone: 1800 931 678

Online: afca.org.au

Post: AFCA, GPO Box 3, Melbourne VIC 3001